Provide Basic Para-counselling Support
Course Duration: 16 hours, including 1 hours of assessment
Mode of Assessment: Written Assessment & Others
Attendance Requirements: 100% for classroom and Assessment
Course Completion Requirements: Meeting Attendance Requirement and graded as COMPETENT for Assessment
This course will address the gaps to acquire active listening and communication skills as well as deeper understanding of the principles and methods of para-counselling to help colleagues and oneself. This course is also appropriate for those who wish to provide support to peers within their organisations. In addition, it is also for those who may wish to enter the social service sector.
The learning outcomes are as follows:
1. The learners are able to apply active listening skills and questioning techniques when communicating with staff.
2. The learners are able to recognise barriers and use appropriate techniques in the communication with staff.
3. The learners are able to provide engagement and support to staff’s development plan.
4. The learners are able to apply professional ethics when providing engagement and support to staff.
Volunteer Executives,Volunteers, Staff Care Ambassadors, Grassroot Volunteers, Community Care Ambassadors, HR Executives across sectors, New entrants to Social Service Sectors
Minimum Entry Requirements:
There is no pre-requisite in terms of prior knowledge or experience as this course is applicable to anyone who is currently working, transiting to a new workplace or in between employments.
However, we require learners to be:
• At least 21 years old
• Minimum Secondary Level 2
• Minimum proficiency level of the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualification Workplace Literacy (WPL) Level 4
• Adults returning to the workforce or mid-career change workers who are keen to join the Social Service industry
Cash/Nets at any of our 3 branches
Cheque made payable to Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
PayNow to UEN 201110331W
Bank Transfer/GIRO details as below:
- BANK NAME : United Overseas Bank Limited
- ACCOUNT NUMBER : 450-302-829-2
- ACCOUNT HOLDER : Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
- BANK CODE : 7375
- BRANCH CODE : 001
- SWIFT CODE : UOVBSGSGXXX
Please remember to indicate booking number at the remarks column when payment is done by Paynow, Bank Transfer and/or GIRO.
All payment can be made on the day of course commencement at the reception counter. Cheque payment can be mailed to 79 Joo Koon Circle Singapore (629107) at least 3 working days prior to course commencement. Please remember to indicate the booking number at the back of the cheque. We do not accept foreign cheques and money orders.
This course is applicable for SkillsFuture Funding up to 70%*
Please go to www.skillsfuture.gov.sg or call WFA/YellowGlee at 68633686 for more information.
*From 1 Jan 2022, SkillsFuture course funding will be revised to a baseline of 50% subsidy, with an additional 20% subsidy (up to 70% subsidy) for SMEs and Mid-career individuals (Singapore citizens above 40 years old) . Do note that the funding amount advised is not final and is subject to changes.
If you are a Singaporean aged 25 and above, you can choose to use your SkillsFuture Credit to offset the payment for this course. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the wide range of approved skills-related courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Candidates who have completed and certified competent will receive a Statement of Attainment