Supervise Safe Lifting Operations-English
Course Duration: 32 hours, including 3 hours of assessment
Mode of Assessment: Written & Practical
Attendance Requirements: 75% for classroom sessions and 100% for practical sessions
Course Completion Requirements: Meeting Attendance Requirement and graded as COMPETENT for both Written & Practical Assessment
This 4-day WSQ-Supervise Safe Lifting Operation (Lifting Supervisor) course is tailored towards supervisors who are currently engaging in lifting operations. In a workplace environment, lifting supervisors play an important key role in ensuring that all of the ongoing lifting operations are well within control, without sacrificing or abandoning safety.
As the head and the leader of the team, the individual taking the task will be more than just being in charge of lifting. The lifting supervisor has to make sure that all of the lifting activities are carried out all according to the lifting schedule.
To aid individuals out, this theory course has an additional practical component, in which the lifting supervisor would be expected to oversee and supervise both abnormal and normal conditions by the act of role-playing and simulations. If you are looking to upgrade yourself and become a lifting supervisor, then the course is mandatory for you to take. The course itself will be conducted in both English and Mandarin.
The WSQ-based Supervise Safe Lifting Operation Course is recommended for budding and accomplished individuals that are looking to upgrade themselves to becoming a Lifting Supervisor at their workplace. As the course is mandatory, one will be able to gain particular insight about the role, responsibilities, as well as the possible situations that might arise. It is to better train and prepare the lifting supervisor for their future responsibilities at the workplace.
- Have completed WSQ/ MOM Rigging and Signalman course or Marine Rigger and Signalman course
- Have relevant experience in lifting operations for at least 3 months [ supported by Company /Individual Application Letter to indicate periods of relevant experience in lifting operations]
- Be 21 years old and above
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have completed the WSQ/MOM ATP Rigging and Signalman course
- Individual must be at least the age of 18 and above, with the assumed following requisites:
- Have foundational knowledge and understanding of the relevant work sector in Singapore
- Able to communicate using English proficiently at a level that is the equivalent of Employability Skills (ES) level 4
- Able to legibly write and read English proficiently at a level that is the equivalent of ES level 4
- Able to handle numbers and work around them proficiently at a level that is the equivalent of ES level 4
- Is physically and mentally fit for the task
Cash/Nets at any of our 3 branches
Cheque made payable to Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
PayNow to UEN 201110331W
Bank Transfer/GIRO details as below:
- BANK NAME : United Overseas Bank Limited
- ACCOUNT NUMBER : 450-302-829-2
- ACCOUNT HOLDER : Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
- BANK CODE : 7375
- BRANCH CODE : 001
- SWIFT CODE : UOVBSGSGXXX
Please remember to indicate booking number at the remarks column when payment is done by Paynow, Bank Transfer and/or GIRO.
All payment can be made on the day of course commencement at the reception counter. Cheque payment can be mailed to 79 Joo Koon Circle Singapore (629107) at least 3 working days prior to course commencement. Please remember to indicate the booking number at the back of the cheque. We do not accept foreign cheques and money orders.
This course is applicable for SkillsFuture Funding up to 70%.
Please go to www.skillsfuture.gov.sg or call Wong Fong Academy at 68633686 for more information.
*From 1 Jan 2022, SkillsFuture course funding will be revised to a baseline of 50% subsidy, with an additional 20% subsidy (up to 70% subsidy) for SMEs and Mid-career individuals (Singapore citizens above 40 years old) . Do note that the funding amount advised is not final and is subject to changes.
If you are a Singaporean aged 25 and above, you can choose to use your SkillsFuture Credit to offset the payment for this course. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website www.skillsfuture.sg/credit to choose from the wide range of approved skills-related courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
Statement Of Attainment (SOA) from SSG will only be issued for ENGLISH classes.